Our Baby

pregnancy due date

Jun 24, 2011

12 Weeks

Week 12 has been an adventure. At the beginning of the week we went to Fiesta Texas and Sea World. We had a wonderful time! No, I did not ride any roller coasters. My friend Lori came with me to Fiesta Texas and we did a few things together while everyone else was riding the rides. We spent most of the day in the water park because it was so hot. I pretty much stayed in the lazy river the whole time. I did get a very nice tan.

The next day we went Sea World and I was able to do a lot more. The girls fed the dolphins and I petted one. We watched all the shows, which were awesome. The one thing I love about Sea World is they have an all day dining pass, and it is completely worth it. We ate our fair share of food. Most of the stores had cups of fresh fruit, and I would grab a cup at every chance I had. We did not stay in the water as long at Sea World. For the most part the day was really nice, so we only swam during the hottest part of the day. The one thing I enjoyed was the penguin exhibit. While Mark and the girls rode the roller coasters, I sat in the air conditioned penguin exhibit and watched the penguins swim. We were all tired after our two full days.

Now to yesterday, June 23, 2011, we had a rough day. I thought we were going to lose the baby. I was heading out to lunch and stop by the bathroom. I noticed I was having bright red spotting. I immediately freaked out! I ran back to my office (our poor admin, I scared her half to death) and called Dr. Rister. It was close to lunch time and I knew the office closes at 12:00. I asked for the nurse; however, she was on vacation. I told the person on the phone what was going on and I start crying. She put me on hold and was able to get Dr. Rister on the phone. Dr. Rister told me since I was not having cramping that it sounds like everything is okay, but he wanted me to come in immediately for an ultrasound. I was so worried that I pushed myself too hard over the last few days (going to Fiesta Texas and Sea World).

Mom was in town and I called her to meet me at the doctor’s office, along with Mark. We had the ultrasound and the baby was alive and well. We saw the baby waving at us and moving around. We heard the heartbeat again and everything was perfect. Mom, Mark and I were all crying. Dr. Rister thinks I had some blood vessel that broke from the baby growing. We were all relieved the baby was okay and nothing was wrong, Thank God!! My boss told me to take the rest of the day off, and I was glad. After I calm down, I felt like all my energy was zapped from me. Dr. Rister thought it was a good idea for me to go home and rest. Again, Thank God that everything is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment