Our Baby

pregnancy due date

Jul 25, 2011

16 weeks

The weeks are now starting to fly by and I cannot believe my 16th week comes to an end tomorrow. This week has been great and I feel so much better. I am still tired, but it is not the extreme fatigue that I had a few weeks ago. On Friday (July 22, 2011) the most amazing thing happened, we felt the baby move from the outside. I do not think I will feel the baby from the inside for a while because of my previous surgeries. I cannot feel anything between my scar and almost up to my belly button. As for feeling the baby, it was a complete accident. I was having some sever pain around my scar and I was pressing really hard in that spot, hoping to stop the pain. After holding that area for about 2 minutes, I felt the movement. It was the same movement that Gracie made when my friend April was pregnant with her. I remember feeling Gracie move around and it is not like anything else I have ever felt. I grabbed Mark’s hand and placed it in the same spot, within a minute he felt the baby too. It felt like the baby was doing flips or swimming around. We were so excited. I do not think we would have felt the baby if we were not pressing so hard. Mark is ready for the baby to start moving around more, but I think I can wait. I know once the baby starts moving, he or she will never stop. Every time we have seen the baby on the ultrasound, he or she is very activity.
This weekend my mom and I went to a baby shower. We had a lot of fun, we saw a lot of people we have not seen in a while. I also found out the mother to be is going to use cloth diapers, which was exciting for me. She is the first person I know who is using them. I was excited to see the diaper she brought and what her plans were for using them. Every time I tell someone we are using cloth diapers they look at me like I am crazy. Of course they are thinking of the cloth diapers that our moms used, which are not the trend any more. They have created some sophisticated diapers and I am excited about using them. If you are curious about these new diapers, just google cloth diapers and I think you will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment