Our Baby

pregnancy due date

Oct 27, 2011

29 Weeks

This week has been really rough. I visited the endocrinologist this week and it was a hard visit. She was not happy that it took this long to get me in to see her. She said I should have been in at the beginning because I have a history of high blood sugar (I am not diabetic, but I have elevated blood sugar). Basically she told me the only thing she can do at this point is keep MaKayla from getting too big, because it is too late to prevent anything else.
After looking over my blood sugar, she decided to put me on insulin shots. Currently I am taking two shots a day, one before breakfast and supper. I also have to take my blood sugar 4 times a day. My blood sugar is starting to come down, but not low enough. I am going to have to call to have my insulin adjusted. They said I will have to adjust my insulin several times during the rest of my pregnancy. They also want to see my back once a week, until I have MaKayla.
Besides all of this, everything else is going really good. MaKayla is very active and is moving a lot. I love to feel her move throughout the day. I cannot wait to meet our little girl and know that she is safe and healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, mine said I should have been seen sooner also. (And um, I TRIED to tell the ob that!! The day I got there I told him!) Sounds like you're doing decently with just 2 injections though. Are you using the pre-filled pens where you just dial up a number? I was glad of those, as all I'd seen before was my great aunt filling vials on her own and that SCARED me! They make it easy these days though. They upped mine every single week, but I'm so glad they did. It was hard at the time, but SO worth it to have healthy, full term babies. So, hugs of sympathy from me! Not a whole lot longer! Enjoying your blog, g/f. Keep posting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you DaLynn! I will e-mail you the specifics. I will keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete