Our Baby

pregnancy due date

Oct 3, 2011

25 weeks

This week was actually pretty calm. Baby girl is starting to move around a lot more. Once thing we did accomplish this week was exchanging the pieces of her dresser at Ikea. I highly recommend not exchanging or returning anything at Ikea, ever.
A few weeks ago, Mom and I were in Dallas and we bought baby girl’s dressers. We asked the sales person to load our cart up since I am pregnant and mom is not allowed to lift anything. I told the sales person to make sure he tripled checked everything because we live far off and I did not want to come back. I tried to double check his work but he was moving pretty fast. When we got home, we realized that the big dresser should have two pieces (a 1 and a 2). When looking over the box, we discovered two number ones. I was so upset with no only the sales person, but myself for not checking those numbers. I thought I saw him grab the two box. I checked the dresser pictures and the colors, but not the piece numbers.
Well the next week was Labor Day weekend and we decided to go to Austin. I told Mark we could stop at the Ikea in Round Rock and try to exchange the dresser there. No such luck, one thing we actually forgot the receipt (mom bought the dressers and she forgot to give it to us) and second, they told us we need to go to Dallas. Why do we need to go back to Dallas, I have no idea. Anyways, we finally went to Dallas Ikea to exchange the dresser and this time we had to receipt. When to sales person was looking over the receipt they realized the cashier rang up the wrong dresser. The cashier charged us for three small dressers instead of a big dress and small dresser. The sales person had to call security to have them pull the camera to see what happened. Meanwhile, the sales person told us we could not receive a refund without my mom’s credit card. At this point I was hot and I explained to full situation to him. I told him all I want is my number two box; he could see we had two number ones. Finally he was to pull the number two box for us and calculated up the cost differences. It basically came down to them owing us 98 cents. I told them to keep the 98 cents, we just want to box. Thankfully we did not have to wait on security, he just let us have the box. In summary, we finally have baby girl’s dresser put together and ready to go.
Since the dresser was put together, I was finally able to start organizing her stuff. Baby girl already has lot of clothes, and she will probably receive more at the shower. I just hope we have room for all her clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment