Our Baby

pregnancy due date

Aug 30, 2011

21 Weeks

This week has been exciting. I went to the Women of Faith Conference in Dallas and I think it was exciting for baby girl. During the conference was the first time I really started feeling her move a lot. I think it was the great music (which was very loud), by Sandi Patty, Amy Grant, and Mandisa. Afterwards, Mom and I went to eat at Oliver Garden and during lunch I felt her moving all around.
Then Mom and I went to Ikea in Dallas, which I will never do again. I love the Ikea in Austin and I am custom to that atmosphere. In Dallas it was crammed packed, kids running wild, people trying to run you over with baskets, and the sales people were not very helpful. This one guy helped us load our dressers on the chart and I asked him to make sure he was picking up the right ones. I was so busy double checking the color and the dresser, that I did not pay attention to the 2 piece product. When I arrive home, I realized we have 2 number ones, instead of a 1 and a 2. Now, we are making a trip to Austin this weekend. We were going to take the girls to Dallas, but I do not want to go back to that Ikea. Hopefully we can get these dressers straighten out.
Mark was able to put our kitchen cabinet and small dresser together. The kitchen cabinet is for baby girl’s bottles and other kitchen supplies. We do not have a lot of cabinet space, so we had to buy something. I am looking for items that will fit well in our new house. We are planning on putting our house on the market in September. The small dresser, I should say short dresser, is also for baby girl. I already have some of her stuff washed and packed away inside the dresser. I feel like we are finally making progress.
Also while we were in the metroplex, we went baby shopping of course. On our way to Dallas we stopped at Carter’s at the outlet mall and bought a bunch of cute things. We bought her first Christmas outfits, they are so cute (pictures will be up soon). Then we went to Fort Worth for Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby. All I can say is WOW, for Buy Buy Baby. This was my first trip and the store is awesome. I hope we can have one around here one day. We do not have any good baby stores around here and Buy Buy Baby would be nice.
Other Updates: We are still over 100 degrees; however, they are predicting rain this weekend (about a 60% chance for 5 days). I am not going to hold my breath on the rain; I will believe it when I see it. I am praying that God will send rain our way, we really need it.  So far I found that we have 77 days over 100 for the year 2011 and 44 of those days were consecutive days. In August alone we have had 29 days over 100. I am ready for a break in this weather. Out of our herd, we had one calf (which was my brother in laws) die due to the heat. The calf’s foot was caught in a big crack and he could not get free. My father in law went to check the cows and found the newborn dead. I felt bad for the poor calf; this is the first time we lost one in a really long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment